This Division ensure all the development activities within the Thromde Jurisdiction to comply with the requirement of Structure Plan, Building rules and regulations, guidelines, and circulars notifications for provision of safe and comfortable living environment without compromising on traditional architectural values.
Development of Regulatory Division(DRD) :
- Promote planned development and appropriate land use, control of squatter and illegal settlements and regulation of commercial activities;
- Approve building drawings in accordance with codes, standards, laws and rules;
- Ensure the urban planning and development are carried out in a manner which is consistent with national development policies;
- Issue and renew occupancy at periodic intervals to ensure compliance to safety and other regulations;
- Administer DCR including regulation related to minimum plot size within Thromdes;
- Compliance of development/construction on State land on lease.
- Site verification for issuance of entertainment licenses and monitoring of entertainment places in line with the Rules Governing Places and Programmes of Entertainment, 2014.
- Issuance of time bound approval for entertainment activities in consultation with Entertainment Licensing Committee (ELC).
- Verification of Site/Precinct Plan for issuance of Trade Licenses.
- Site identification for dumping of construction waste materials in consultation with the management.
- Verification and approval of locations for display of banners/advertisement boards.
- Handling of queries and conflicts relating to Building Constructions and other Development within Thromde Area.